5.31.2010

Big, Big Weekend


I'd love to go into detail about all of the fun we've had this weekend. I just don't have the time because we've had so much fun, and I'm just exhausted. Here are the basics. I think the updated photos will show just how much fun we had.

1) We celebrated Uncle Jake's birthday Friday evening with ice cream cake, pizza, and a bonfire.


2) Matt graduated from MSOE with a Masters of Science in Engineering Management Saturday morning. Steve and I, among many others, are so proud of him. And so excited that he will soon (he still has to present and defend his thesis) have LOTS of free time to spend with us!


3) We dedicated our little man to the Lord on Saturday afternoon. We were surrounded by our families, a few friends, and some extended family. It was wonderful. Nana officiated the ceremony and made it extra special for all of us. Steve is now the proud godson of Jake, Emily, Josh, and Teri. There is no lack of love for this little boy!


4) To celebrate the big graduation, we hosted a part on Saturday evening for any and all who could make it. It was a great time!


5) We wrapped up the celebrations yesterday with a big tailgate and trip to see the Brewers v. Mets. It was hot in the left field bleachers, but the breeze made it bearable. Too bad Suppan stinks and lost the game for the Brewers.


6) We also were blessed to help Nana and Papa celebrate 35 years of marriage to each other! They are an inspiration to all of us as to how married life should be. I am so thankful that they are my parents!


7) We're going to end the weekend with some quiet time at home today, as well as a trip to Cedarburg to visit one last time with Josh, Teri, Cam, and Sasha before they head back to Alexandria. We wish they lived closer. There are a few houses for sale in our neighborhood, you know...

There are many, many, many pictures of the weekend. Also, our wonderful friend Allison took some family pictures and candid shots throughout Saturday afternoon. As soon as we have those, I'll let you know.





No comments:

Post a Comment