1.19.2010

Help! Let me out!





This is Puppy. Puppy is one of Steve's favorite toys. One of the great things about Puppy is that he is hypo-allergenic. Every so often we just stick him in the freezer to kill any germs then throw him in the washer to finish the deal. Why is Puppy getting washed now?

Well, we have a sneaking suspicion that Steve might be allergic to dogs. When we visited the Butts in Wausau last fall for Eli's cast signing party, Steve had a very rough time until he was finally so exhausted he couldn't force himself awake any more. Plus, the three times Steve has been around his cousin Mick (Aunt Nancy's puppy), he has been out of sorts for a couple of days afterwards. He eventually shakes it off, but still. It's strange.

We stayed home with Steve today because he has had this rattle-y cough for the past few days. Add to that the fact that last Wednesday he had zero teeth and now he has two and you can imagine our fun the past week. I did get him in to see our doctor yesterday and he is on an antibiotic to clear things up. It is working, but I just didn't think he should be at daycare until the medicine had been working for a full day. We also skipped swimming until he's better. Tha stunk, but was the right decision.

In emailing with Grandma, she suggested that his sock monkey (Monkey) and Puppy might need to be cleaned. I hadn't even thouht of that. So, Puppy is in the freezer getting ready for his bath. Monkey doesn't have to go in the freezer. He just gets a bath.

It will be a short week. That's good. I'm already exhausted and I haven't even thought about what needs to be done at school.

- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh noes, I hope little man Steve isn't really allergic to dogs! TRAGEDY.

    ReplyDelete