Here are the long awaited pictures of Steve's first chocolate chip cookie. This won't be occurring any time in the near future, simply because all the sugar and chocolate were not good for his system. Right now we're sticking with sweet potatoes, bananas (both real and in baby food form), green beans, rice cereal, applesauce, and real apples. He's kind of a food monster. He eats at least one solid food meal a day, but that will soon change to two. We're going to have day care feed him first thing in the morning when he gets there some fruit/rice cereal mixture. Then he eats around the same time Matt and I have dinner each evening. That's kind of tricky, as Steve thinks he should get whatever food is on Daddy's plate, but we're doing okay. I'll include a bit of TMI at the end. If you don't want to know about Steve's dirty diapers, don't read past the "Happy Valentine's Day" sentence!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
TMI:
So, now that Steve is eating solids, of course his poop has changed. It's still kind of soft and squishy looking (I have not tested the actual squishiness), but it definitely isn't the breast-fed baby poop he had until just a couple of weeks ago. :( Also, IT STINKS. Very badly. Today, I changed his diaper. He had a poop spot about the size of a dime in the diaper, but it stunk up the entire room! Peee-yeeeewwww.
Isn't that nasty how the smell changes so quickly and dramatically? I can honestly say Sawyer's 2-year-old poop doesn't smell as bad as his 1-year-old poop. Not sure what it is, but man that's some putrid stuff! Good luck with that chocolate chip cookie. Today S won't eat lunch because he's knows it's finally V-Day so he can finally eat one of the chocolates his grandma sent. I told him he could after lunch but he thinks kicking and hitting me saying, "I want chocolate NOW!!!" will work for him. This week we are banning sweets in the house altogether, whether it's from grandma or not!
ReplyDeleteI love it when they try new foods for the first time, especially foods of the chocolate variety. I remember the first time Eli has hot chocolate, he took a sip, went "mmmmm" and dove back in for another sip. He was only about 9 or 10 months old.
ReplyDeleteThat look in the first pic says both, "This is the most delicious think I've eaten in my life" and also, "Try to take this from me and you will be NO MORE!". Very nice.
ReplyDeleteI remember when the poo turned stinky. It was a sad day for all.