3.15.2011

Daylight Savings Time = Evil

Today has not been the greatest of days in Steve's world. He hasn't adjusted to the time change, and being sick over the weekend didn't help. He had a major meltdown this morning because he was tired and we wouldn't let him go to daycare with his pacifier (yes, we are trying to limit its use with the ultimate goal of being rid of it completely by his birthday). Terrible parents, aren't we???

Things seemed normal when I picked him up at daycare. However, the older kids were going outside and all Steve could do was stare and whimper that he wanted to go with. I'm not falling for that. If we had gone to the playground, who knows what time we would have made it home???? So, I took him to the car. He managed to squirm his way out of his car seat (pre-buckling). TWICE. Argh. He ended up standing next to the van for about 5 minutes.

Momma: Steve, will you get in your seat so we can go home?
Steve: No.
Momma: Please get in the van?
Steve: No.
(Repeat 2 or 3 times)
I finally strong-armed him into the seat. After a 10 minute stand-off. 

Then, of course, we couldn't go straight home because I forgot to stop at Walgreens on the way to get him. Thankfully we didn't have a stand-off about returning to the car, or giving up the dog toy that looked like Snoopy that we just HAD to carry around the store with us. I think the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg helped things. 

Finally, we've arrived home. Extra big surprise? Our Brewers' season tickets were waiting in the mailbox for us! Yippeee!!!

I can also tell that the weather is getting nicer. How, might you ask...besides the obvious clues of the snow melting? Steve won't go inside when we get home. When there was snow on the ground, I could send him straight from the garage to the front door without a fuss. Today, he walked over to the stroller, climbed in, and was ready to go. So we took a short walk. Getting inside when we finally made it home was a challenge.

We managed to eat dinner and do a few other things without a ton of argument. Notice I said without a ton...There was still some arguing about different things.

Bath time arrives. Steve usually loves bath time. But has HATED it the past few nights. I can't figure out why. I don't see any sores or wounds or anything that would make it uncomfortable. His diaper rash has cleared up. No idea. 

Momma: Steve, sit down.
Steve: Noooo.
Momma: Steve, sit.
Steve: Nooo.
Momma: No more water poured until you sit.
Steve: (crying at the top of his lungs as if I've somehow injured him)

Bath time ended very quickly.

He's sleeping now. So, I'm guessing he was just tired. I can't wait for the real Terrible Two's to kick in. It sounds like so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...Angie, it sounds like you guys are going through EXACTLY what we are going through. I was just telling my neighbor today that I see the terrible 2's coming way too soon. Hadley is starting to have meltdowns about everything, especially nap time. She has screamed and cried the past 2 days when I put her down for nap time. Usually, no problem. We've had quite a few stand offs too so I know what you are going through. What to do about it? I have no idea. If you figure it out, please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete