3.02.2011

Poor Little Man

Steve has had a rough few days. Somewhere along the line, he had an allergic reaction to something. Last night the hives appeared. I watched them pop up all over his body, completely helpless as to what to do. Thank goodness we had some benadryl on hand from an earlier plane ride. That seemed to take care of things, for a while.

Then I got one of those dreaded calls from daycare mid-morning. He had thrown up. I'm pretty sure that was a result of lots of phlegm and coughing too hard. Our daycare is the best. They let Steve stay there until nap time was almost over. This allowed me to get through the majority of the school day so I didn't have to use any hours of leave.

That just left us with a decision of which prompt care to go to. The one we usually go to is crappy. The wait is long, the staff not friendly, and the doctors don't do much more than put a "bandaid" on the problem. So I tried the other prompt care. Wow! We will be going there from now on. We were in to see the nurse in under 5 minutes, and the doctor in less than 10 after that.

Steve received a shot of prednisone, to stop the allergic reaction, plus a prescription for the same stuff over the next 5 days. The doctor also noticed that one of Steve's ears is infected. What?!?! And he's got the start of an upper respiratory infection. So, we also have some amoxicillin for the next 10 days. And Steve loves taking medicine.

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures demonstrating just how sick our little man is. He never cuddles like this with me. There are usually too many things to be done and so forth.










- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear, prayers and wishes for getting better Steve!

    ReplyDelete