6.30.2011

A Perfect Day

Yesterday was one of those rare days that seemed absolutely perfect. The weather...Steve's behavior...The company kept...It was beautiful.


Steve and I started the day by filling up the pool in the backyard, followed by a nap for him. He didn't want that nap, but he needed it so very badly. Then it was on to story time at the library. Steve got a sparkly new blue toothbrush from a friendly dental hygienist who came to talk. A quick run through the books, and then we were off to check out the boats. We are very blessed to have an enormous library that sits on the shores of Lake Michigan. So, the harbors are close, which means we must check out the boats. 


Another nap was followed by swimming...and more swimming. Steve's girlfriend, Addison, came to visit and brought her mom along. Thank goodness! Her mom, Jen, is wonderful...one of my closest friends thanks to grad school. While Addison slept, Jen and I watched Steve swim and splash and do other things boys do while in the water. Then, when she woke up, the two went for a twirl in their new Nemo floaties. The big pool was a bit on the chilly side. It seems, though, that I have a kid who is not scared by anything, least of all some cold water!


We rounded out the evening with a strange dinner (buffalo chicken bites and egg rolls), and more outside time for Steve. That boy uses up every ounce of energy given to him each day. When I checked on him in bed a few hours after laying him down, he hadn't moved an inch. Just laid right down and immediately fell asleep!


I suppose I should tell you now that it actually seems true: Steve has finished with pacifiers! He threw one away last week before nap time because it was broken (I may have cut the tip!). Friday night, he did the same thing, except it was the last one. He regretted that decision very quickly, but we all managed to survive a few nights with a little less sleep. Last night was the first that he didn't have something in his hands and didn't wake up repeatedly. It seems he is growing up and figuring things out...Wait, who am I kidding? He figures things out faster than I can keep track of it all!


Anyway, I'll take a day like that any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment