He's 2. Can you believe it? I can't. Well, right at this moment I can't. But there are moments when he demonstrates every second of being 2 (like Monday, when we were at the grocery store and he ate a cup of applesauce with his fingers).
It really hit home this morning. He's been going to daycare two days each week this summer for a few reasons: I can get things done at home, he has time with adults other than Momma, and he gets to see his friends and stay social. This morning, though, he got dropped off in the big room, on the big side of the room, and his cubby is now in the hallway with all of the other big kids.
How did we celebrate? We did a lot of normal things: library, boats, McDonalds for lunch, going to the bank to deposit all of the money from his piggy bank the past year, a nap, swimming lessons, and a wonderful dinner with Addison (who is Steve's girlfriend), Jen, and Marty.
We are back from a wonderfully long and relaxing week at Lake Winnepesaukee (or Lake Saukee, as Steve calls it). There are many, many pictures, but I don't think Matt has them all ready for public viewing yet. The month of August is looking pretty busy, so I guess the vacation was timed perfectly!
I'll be back later with pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment