8.30.2011

Teaching

I've been thinking a lot lately about why I became a teacher. This is a big year for me: 10. I must really love this career, because thinking back on the years that have been good, and the ones that have been not so good, some days I wonder how I've stuck it out.


I teach because I don't know what else I would do.


I teach because I love kids, the good and, well...the other ones too.


I teach because watching light bulbs go off when a new skill is finally understood is a feeling like no other.


I teach because I had the best teachers you could ever have: Mrs. Neubold (sp?), Mrs. Ambrose, Mrs. Hinzman, Mr. Hansen, Mrs. Hansen (not related), Mrs. Larsen, Mrs. Casey, Mr. Wiley, Senor Seufert, Jodi Peterson, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Jake, and many more.


I teach because I CAN. 


I teach because I really do love having time off in the summer to revitalize my brain and body.


I teach because the world needs teachers who care. And guess what? I care. I'm tough. Ask any student who has ever sat in my classroom how tough I am. Then ask them if they learned something. Then, lastly, ask them if they respect me and liked being in my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment