I don't know about you, but it is so hard for me to believe that 10 years ago the United States was attacked. And brutally. We all remember where we were. I was driving to my apartment from Matt's and heard strange things on the radio. When I got home, my roommates were all glued to the t.v. I had to call Matt and tell him to turn the t.v. on, otherwise, I don't know when he would have found out. It was surreal for those of us watching without any connection to New York, and D.C., and Pennsylvania, besides the fact that we are all Americans.
In 10 years, so many things have happened...we graduated, moved to Maryland, got married, lost a best friend in the war that was started that day, moved to Cedarburg and then Racine, lost a job, had a baby, got a new job...Just to name a few.
Since that day, I've met people who have ties to the tragedies. And in the meeting of those people, and the loss of our friend, I've learned so much. Unfortunately, people had to die for so many others to learn like I did. So, I'll go forth and remember those things that I've learned and try to live in a way that, although will not make up for losing the thousands who were all special to someone, will at least honor their memories.
God bless America.
Well-said, Angie. May we never forget.
ReplyDelete