But first, the randomness...
We couldn't find Steve's mittens this morning. One pair was in my van (don't ask). But there are two other pairs and they were nowhere to be found. I asked Matt to check the front pocket of Steve's backpack when they got to daycare, then I promptly forgot about it.
Fast-forward to this evening...I came home later than usual after having dinner with my work girlfriends. It was nice and relaxing. When I arrived home, Steve was just getting ready to pick up several puzzles and other things that were all over the floor. Suddenly, I remembered the missing mittens. I assumed Matt had found them, and was shocked when the answer was no such luck. Hmmm...
Momma: Steve, where are all of your mittens?
Steve: I don't know.
M: Did you put them somewhere?
S: Yes!!
M: Where did you put them?
S: I don't know...
So, Matt and I began searching all over...We looked in all of the shoe cubbies, behind the shoe cubbies, inside the shoes, in the closet...All places that were logical locations for a 2 year-old to put his mittens after he's been wearing them INSIDE!!! No luck at all. Matt headed downstairs in the hopes that they had migrated there. At the same time, I noticed the empty box, with stuff piled on top (yes, on top, not inside), sitting not very far from where I had last seen Steve playing with the mittens. With a very inviting hole in the side of it.
M: Steve, did you put your mittens in this box?
S: YES!!!!!!!!
And, there they were. Totally logical.
Later this evening...
Matt: Did you get a cookie out?
Angie: Awhile ago...Did I forget it in the kitchen?
Pause...
Matt: Before I give this to you, when I asked you that question, did you think you had already eaten it?
Angie: Yes.
This was followed by laughter on both our parts, with gentle reminders from Matt to not cry (too late), snort, spit out the cookie, or choke.
And there's your glimpse into our lives. I'm sure I've made you all want to come visit. We'll try not to lose your mittens, or forget your cookies!
![]() |
| Steve's new haircut, as of Friday |


No comments:
Post a Comment