5.22.2012

Steve's Tricks

I'll start with a potty training update.


2 weekends ago I decided we could jump fully into the potty training business. They've been encouraging it at daycare for a very long time, not that I was discouraging it at all, and he was interested...sometimes. I bought him some McQueen pull-ups and off we went. Most of the time, we just have to force him to go to the bathroom. He wants to wear the pull-ups and he really wants to wear big-boy underwear. But he doesn't want to stop what he's doing and actually use the bathroom. The upside is that he does go potty every time we go into the bathroom. He is also waking up from nap dry, and waking up in the morning mostly dry (I think...Matt does all of the morning business now). The pooping business is another story. He usually realizes that he has to poop after some has already escaped. Then, he'll sit on the toilet and finish. So, some progress. We're getting there.


When Amanda was here a few weeks ago, she captured some of Steve's tricks on video. He's hilarious. 






1 comment:

  1. The pooping business, I nearly lost my sanity over that one. I totally lost my cool one day, when I was newly pregnant with Isaiah, and guilt tripped Eli so bad that he never went poop in his pull up again. It worked, but I felt so bad after.

    Don't stress over it. He'll get it. When he's ready.

    ReplyDelete