Evan is 4 months old today! He just keeps growing and growing. My good friend, Allison, just wrote a post to her little guy who turned 1 yesterday. And as I read what she told her little man, I couldn't believe how many of her sentiments I actually felt right in the core of my being. He is getting so big, and all I want him to do is stay little. Although staying little has its challenges, as I'm sure you've heard by now.
Evan doesn't want to go to bed. At all. Instead of going to bed at a decent hour, he wants to stay awake and be cranky. He doesn't want to swing, or play on his play mat, or even be held, really. What he wants to do is be so tired he can't make a decision to save his life. Or mine. Last night he decided to stay up until 10. Luckily, he then slept until around 3, ate, and went right back to bed. I don't know if something is wrong, if I should keep trying to get him to bed earlier, or just give up and make Matt play with him until 10 every night. Whatever I decide, it will have to wait until next week. We're off to the Hoemann Family Reunion tomorrow, which means a hotel, which means all routines go out the window!
A non-Evan related update...Steve and potty training. I don't know at what point you can consider someone totally potty trained. But, he is getting better. The majority of accidents happen after we've been swimming. One of these days he'll stop guzzling water when we're in the pool. We have turned a major corner with the poop though. He is willing to sit on the toilet at least once a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times if he's home with me all day, and try. Most of those times, he is successful. The only place we still have a problem is getting him to tell us IN TIME that he has to go to the bathroom. Usually, we just make him go every hour or so. That in itself is a challenge because he thinks that going to the bathroom is some sort of punishment. The times I wait for him to tell me, he gets to the toilet, and before he can get his pants down, the pee is coming. So, we're working on those things.
There are more pictures, mostly of Evan from this morning, in the July album.
The pictures I take on my phone are instantly uploaded to a different album. Unfortunately, I can't share that exact album with you (the Google machine won't let me change the security settings), but I did copy all of the pictures to 2 new albums. These are pictures and videos dating back to when Steve was 1 month old. I will try to update it as frequently as possible, but at least monthly. This is good for you because a lot of the pictures I take are on my phone but it is hard to get all of them in a blog post. So, pictures...Instant Upload and Instant Upload 2.
A brief comparison of our two monsters:
| Steve, around 4 months...this is the "Oh really?" face |
| Evan, 4 months |
No comments:
Post a Comment