8.01.2012

Can you believe we have a 3 year old?


This little boy turns 3 officially in just over 24 hours. We were putting him to bed tonight and I told him that when he wakes up in the morning, he won't be 2 anymore. I asked him if he could believe it. Maybe he could tell that I have very mixed emotions about this big change, because he got very serious for a few minutes. Almost as if he didn't want to have a birthday tomorrow. I'm sure all of that hesitation will be gone in the morning, but it was an interesting few moments.


In the picture above, Steve was helping me with step one in creating his birthday treats for school. Yes, he's going to school tomorrow. I thought long and hard about that decision. The past 2 years, I have kept him home so we could do special birthday things together. We've gone to parks, the zoo, the bank, out for lunch, and swimming. This year, I decided he should spend the day with his best friend, Owen (he has a few best friends if you ask him, so I have to clarify). We are going to a baseball game tomorrow evening (the Lakeshore Chinooks, not the Brewers) instead of going out to a restaurant for dinner. That was Steve's choice. Friday we will get to the bank, and Sunday we will celebrate with a few family members and friends in the pool. It will be different than in the past, but just a good. 


Anyway, the treats were supposed to be easy cake pops. Frozen pound cake. Cookie cutters. Melted chocolate chips. Easy peasy..yeah right. After a call to Nana to determine the best way to make melted chocolate chips thin enough for dipping, an extra trip to the grocery store for more chocolate chips, and very chocolatey hands, they were finally finished. And delicious. But I think next year we'll go back to funfetti cupcakes. 




So, yeah...He's 3. Every bit the little boy. No where near being a toddler anymore. Pushing my buttons, and his limits. Learning so much I think MY head might explode. I'm not sure I'm ready for all of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment