Updates on the lives of Matt, Angie, Steve, Evan, and Flop. And some other random things that I feel are important for sharing.
9.26.2012
Our Peanut
I know. He isn't really a peanut. At least not in the literal sense of the word. Probably not even figuratively. But Steve isn't stinky, and he's my Stinker, so...Evan is Peanut.
His 6 month check-up was Monday. The doctor was running WAY behind, and I'm really glad that I decided to leave Steve at day care and have Matt pick him up. Our appointment was scheduled for 3:20 and I think the doctor finally came in around 4:20. We didn't leave there until 4:50. It was rough.
The stats:
19 pounds 3 ounces
27.5 inches long
18.75 inches around on his head
He had two shots. I am very thankful for my coworker who suggested when Steve was about 6 months old that I request the nurses team up and administer the shots two at a time. By the time Evan realized that something was stuck into him and hurting, the shots were over, and he was done crying. Last week he got the very beginnings of a double ear infection, so he has been on antibiotics for the last 10 days. They almost didn't administer the shots because of this. I convinced them that he was totally on the mend. I also didn't want to try to find another hour in my schedule to rush out of school, get Evan, then drive 15 minutes across town to wait for another appointment, and get the shots then. She also gave us a prescription for an ointment to treat his eczema. The hydrocortisone/lotion combo just wasn't treating it. Well, it wasn't treating it very well. It would take about 2 weeks to clear up a skin flare, only to be followed by another one in a different spot on his body shortly thereafter. This new stuff is good. His head was really scaly and gross up until this morning. That's because last night I put some ointment on. The only way you can tell he has a flare up on his scalp is from the tiny little scabs all over that are a result of Evan scratching himself. Good stuff.
Some of Evan's tricks include:
Blowing raspberries...we have conversations with him this way. It's awesomely adorable.
Sitting up for seconds at a time on his own.
Mooing...he started this when he cut his first tooth, and hasn't stopped.
Rolling from back to front. He can go the other way, but not very often.
Scooting backwards. He does this after he gets on to his belly. He doesn't go very far, or very fast, but there is movement.
Getting his pacifier back into his mouth after it falls out or he pulls it out.
Watching Daddy and Steve play catch. He is really good at tracking the ball flying through the air.
He has been eating solids since he was 4 months old. I had to do something to try to get him to sleep more at night, as well as fill him up more during the day. We started with cereal, and then about a month later, I started adding different vegetables. I was sure to go slowly, as the doctor was worried he might have some allergies due to his overactive eczema. So far, no problems. He has worked his way through peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, and apples. And he loves it all. He eats two solid meals at daycare, and again at home with us. He really loves sitting at the table with us and being part of all of the action. He might get that from his momma.
He is sleeping a little better, some nights. I really do think he just misses me. Sometimes he will cry, I'll go to him, and all I have to do is snuggle him next to me. Right back to sleep. I decided we are not going back to the chiropractor. It works for some people. It didn't work for us.
There are a few 6 month pictures here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment