1.07.2013

A Tough Decision...

Christmas Break was a little rough on Evan and I in two respects. He was eating constantly, either nursing, wanting to nurse, solids, something. I initially thought, great! He's hit a growth spurt just in time for break so he'll build up my milk supply and things will be great. Maybe he'll even sleep through the night! The other area we struggled mightily was sleeping longer than 2.5 or 3 hours at a time at night, not to mention naps. He just wasn't cooperating with my need for sleep. The boys went to daycare on the 2nd so Matt and and I could run some errands before heading back to work on the 3rd. I took about 16 ounces of milk in with Evan. I thought he would probably go through about 10 or 12. Wrong. He drank all of it. And he did so in a shorter than normal day, which means if it had been a regular long day, he would have needed more and been out of luck (as Steve would say) until I showed up. That's not the worst part. The worst part is that while he was at daycare, I only pumped 6 ounces. Clearly, there was a problem. So, I made the very difficult decision to stop pumping and switch Evan to formula while at daycare. He is still nursing if he wakes up in the middle of the night (only once now!), in the morning, and right before bed. But he is also getting a bottle before bed of about 4 ounces, which I think helps a ton. I can't say that I miss pumping. It just took up precious minutes of my very busy day at school. And Evan is nursing just enough that I don't have to give him up totally. But it was a very difficult decision.

On to happier things! Pictures, pictures, pictures! All of the Christmas photos are finally up so you can see Steve riding his super cool Big Wheel, and Evan just being a goof.




Check out the rest of the pictures here, and some from my phone here.


No comments:

Post a Comment