Matt really overdid it this year. He got Amanda in from Waldorf, Tammy up from Atlantic, and Jen, Marty, and Brigid out for dinner on Saturday night. Most of this was a surprise. A wonderfully torturous surprise. Why would it take 40 minutes to get orange juice? Oh, because he had to drive to the airport and get Amanda. Tammy almost made it here without my knowledge, but she somehow ended up on the opposite end of town and I had to give her directions to get here. It was still mostly a surprise!
Evan also turned 10 months old on Friday. I am going to attempt a list of all of his accomplishments, but I'm sure I'm missing something.
- sign language: more, all done, thank you/kisses
- crawling with his belly completely off the floor
- standing without holding on to anything for a few seconds at a time
- foods: apple juice and water from a sippy cup, chicken nuggets, plain noodles, mac n cheese, canned pears and peaches, peas (not baby food), graham crackers, waffles, pancakes, crackers, all flavors of baby food from a pouch (he has just started doing these on his own and he is pretty good about not squirting it all over...pretty good), and some other snack foods and things at daycare
- formula: this seems to be filling him up more than breast milk; he is still nursing at bed time, in the middle of the night, and in the morning, but that is it; during the day he gets bottles, usually between 5 and 6 ounces of formula
- sleeping: most nights he sleeps until about 2, then again until I wake him for school at 5:30; on the weekends he will sleep until 7 or later
- teeth: 2 on the bottom, 4 on the top, many more ready to pop through at any moment
Steve has also been particularly hilarious lately as well. Here are a few of his latest statements.
- Mommy, cheese is really cold on my ear.
- Sometimes I just care about putting my pj pants on. (This was his response to me when he disappeared for a few minutes and I asked where he had been.)
- (driving by the car dealership that is near the prompt care we frequent) That's not where I go to get my penis fixed. That's for cars...and vans...and trucks.
- I'll have Nana. Papa can have Evan.
Enjoy some pictures of our monsters. They sure do make me smile. A lot.






No comments:
Post a Comment