8.19.2013

More Pictures from Vacation

Matt finally weeded through his 1600 or so pictures. We're left with a measly 500. Seriously? 

Anyway, you can find those pictures here

We had Steve's birthday party this weekend. A long time ago I saw a picture somewhere for a super special birthday surprise: load a closed door (that opens into the room) with balloons and secure with tape or streamers. We were going to do this for Steve the night before his birthday, but then I thought we should wait. Afterall, we left the day after his birthday for vacation. Steve LOVES balloons. By the time we got back, the balloons would have deflated and he wouldn't have gotten to enjoy them. So, we prepared the balloon avalanche for the night before his party. 


Matt thought this through way more than I did. The balloons on the bottom were filled with hi-float and helium (hi-float makes the helium last longer). When released, they would go up. The balloons on the top, I filled. They would fall down when released. We don't know for sure what exactly what happened when Steve opened the door, opting not to get up super early and wait for Steve to wake up. We do know that he LOVED it. Matt said he could hear him talking and having a little party after he went to the bathroom. 

Steve and I talked a while ago about what kind of cake he wanted for his party. He decided on a Superman cake (of course...he wants Superman EVERYTHING!). I decided that cupcakes had to be used because trying to feed a regular cake to kids while interrupting their swimming party just wasn't happening. Here's the result:


Steve loved this too. I just hope he doesn't ask for it again next year! Might have to hire it out. ;)

Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment