3.19.2010

Sick Steve


So, I woke up Thursday morning to feed Steve around 3:00 and noticed he was burning up. A quick, not very accurate, check of his temperature put it at least at 101.4, possibly higher. I immediately jumped on the SubFinder system to be gone for the day. We both slept in for a while, then we started a long day of trying to figure out what's going on with the little man.


Since January, Steve has been on antibiotics twice, both for pretty strong coughs and green stuff coming from his nose. Either he keeps getting a different bug from the kids at day care (ENTIRELY possible) or whatever he has is not being taken care of by the medicine. Either way, I was not in a hurry to put him on more medicine. I mean, we want him to have an immune system that works, right? So, I talked with the nurse and we decided it was best to just keep an eye on everything. The fever subsided, but then came roaring back.


Steve didn't sleep very well last night. He wasn't up-up and wanting to eat. He just kept whining and as soon as I put the pacifier in his mouth, he was fine. When he woke up this morning around 6, one of his eyes was completely crusted over with green snot/eye goo. Poor little man. Luckily for us, Grandma had the day off and didn't have any plans except to do yard work. So she came down and stayed with him.


Again, his fever subsided during the morning, but came back in the late afternoon. We resurrected the swing so he could sleep sitting up instead of on his back. He really only wants to nurse, no bottles or solid foods or sippy cups. That's great for me because we get to snuggle, but also hard because he wants me all the time. Oh well. At least he's getting nourishment. 


I have made the executive decision that if his fever is still hanging around when we get up in the morning, we're going to prompt care. I spent more time on the phone today with the nurse and she tried to convince me that all of this was teething related. I know that he isn't an easy teether. However, I don't really think his eyes would snot just with teething. 


Amidst all of this, he still is the cutest little man around! Pictures have been updated in both the March album and the 365 of 2010 album.

No comments:

Post a Comment