So, if you know me, you probably have heard of my love affair with the captains of Deadliest Catch. I started watching in the second season, I think, and can't get enough. I'll watch the repeats a million times, just to see Capts. Sig, Jonathan, Andy, and Phil. There is another captain, Capt. Keith, but he's pretty whiny and ridiculous. No love affair with him.
Anyway, the newest season premieres tomorrow night at 8 CST on Discovery. I'm completely looking forward to it, and also dreading it at the same time. You see, my second favorite captain, Phil, dies during this season.
For real. It's not fake. He is really gone. You might be thinking right about now how ridiculous it is that I am so concerned about the death of a man I have never met. You're probably right. That doesn't change a thing, though. I can't explain why I am so affected by the death of Capt. Phil, but I am.
The usual theme song for the show is "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi (quite possibly another reason why I love the show so much). However, the commercials for the new season have been with "Rise" by Eddie Vedder, which apparently can be found on the Into the Wild soundtrack (I knew I had heard it somewhere!). Eddie sounds very sad, and all the guys from the show look very sad. They need to stop with the sadness. I can't handle it.

No comments:
Post a Comment