I don't have a picture for week 29 yet. I'll work on that. Today I'm looking exceptionally 80's: leggings, poofy socks, and a sweatshirt that covers my butt. I don't think I looked this 80's during the 80's. Hooray for pregnancy when your wardrobe options are limited! Anyway, I'm still feeling good, for the most part. At the end of the day, or the end of my day (2:15), I'm pretty wiped out and ready to just lounge around. Do you know how hard that it is when your two-year old is so excited about the first big snowfall that all he wants to do is play in it? One day I could convince him to come inside...not two. Whether he wants to admit it or not, Steve got cold, just like the rest of us, and could be convinced to come in after a few thrown snowballs and making tracks through the yard.
Anywho...
In other Steve news...He seems to have entered a very clumsy phase, possibly another trait he's inherited from me as I go through several of these a year. Friday he ran into the edge of a door. With his face.
He had just recovered from that incident and was doing something on one of the bar-ish height chairs we have in the kitchen. I had just said that he needed to be careful so he wouldn't fall. Guess what he did? FELL. Completely flat on his back. There were a lot of tears. His head hurt, his leg hurt, his back hurt. He just hurt. Poor kid. (Lesson learned: Steve now knows he MUST sit on his butt on chairs, especially in the kitchen. You're probably thinking I'm a terrible mom for not teaching this sooner. Believe me, we've tried. This seemed to be what was needed for the idea to sink in. Thank goodness there wasn't any major damage.)
Saturday morning he was riding around on his bouncy horse (thanks, Nana and Papa!). I had just told him to move away from the coffee table. He ran into it. This time he hit with his back and his thigh.
Saturday evening he was running around showing off for Grandpa. I still don't know how it happened but he somehow ran straight into the footrest for the recliner, and now has a big fat lip. That's something else I used to wear frequently as a child.
He started this morning right where he left off yesterday...running into things. The corner of his bookshelf to be exact. Ugh. He brushed it off pretty easily though. Then, he was trying to get into the kitchen chair and tripped or something. That startled Flop, who scratched Steve. End of the world.
I really hope this doesn't last forever. I'm not sure I can handle it. Plus, daycare might start to question all the bumps and bruises. ;)
Speaking of daycare, we learned something very startling this week. Steve doesn't talk to anyone, really, except his best buddy. We were shocked. If you've spent any time with us, you know that Steve talks NON-STOP. We know he's finally asleep at night or naptime because it is finally quiet. And, he has quite the extensive vocabulary, if I do say so myself. So, basically his teachers have no idea what a smart kid we've got. I'm not worried so much as bothered by this. First, Steve has been at this daycare since he was 3 months old. I don't really think he's afraid of the teachers, at least not the ones who have been there for a while. Second, why are we just now finding this out? Steve has been talking for a long time now. I would have thought if there was a problem we would have heard about it before now. I've had students before who hardly ever talk at school, but the parents swear they talk non-stop at home. Maybe this is our kid?
So, we are talking to him every morning and reminding him to say something to his teachers. Anything. We'll see if anything changes.
That's all from here for now. I'll update with news from the doctor on Tuesday. And with a non-80's picture!:)
If it makes you feel any better, Eli still won't sit on his butt on our stools at the counter. He's fallen off them at least 3 times, and still hasn't learned his lesson. Boys.
ReplyDelete