I had to get a new drivers' license this week. Apparently, if you've never had a Wisconsin license before they will only issue the first one for 4 years. Now, I have an 8 year license. That means the next time I go to the DMV, for a license (barring any mishaps), Steve will be 10.5 years old and this baby boy in my belly will be almost 8. That seems crazy to me.
Planning a fun family outing with a few close friends around your kid's nap time is not necessarily the brightest of ideas. The kid will be just great until it's time to leave. Then, the world as he knows it will end. And the rest of the afternoon will be challenging for all those involved. But, you really can't blame anyone but yourself for the poor planning.
These two phrases sound remarkably the same coming from the toddler in the back seat: not see frogs and Nazi Frogs. And because they sound so similar, you just might laugh uncontrollably for a while.
Tiramisu cheesecake is just as delicious for breakfast as it was for dessert the night before.
Bowling at 31 weeks pregnant is rather difficult. Granny bowling is about the only way this lady could make it happen without seriously injuring herself. But, I did manage a couple of strikes, including one on behalf of Auntie Brigid in her 10th frame, followed by a spare. I know. I'm awesome.
Parents use the phrase "Because I said so" due to the fact that two-year-olds (and possibly any-year-olds) ask the question "Why?" way too many times and we run out of patience or answers, sometimes both.
Even with a two-hour nap later in the day, 4 a.m. is just too early to be awake.
Having your husband home after 5 days away is often so overwhelming, you just might burst into tears when he walks in the door. Maybe the hormones had something to do with this?
Hadley has entered the 'Why?' phase too. I hear 'Why, mommy, why?' atleast five million times a day. Fun stuff.
ReplyDelete