8.06.2012

From the Doctor

As promised, here is that update from the doctor this morning. It was a little rough with both boys getting checked out. We kind of bounced back and forth when discussing them, which made things confusing to me so I made sure to write things down. Then, at the end of the appointment, I was handed two packets of information detailing everything that had been discussed and the boys' measurements. So, basically, I don't have to pay attention any more during appointments because everything will just be given to me at the end. Right?

Steve, at 3 years of age is 34.2 pounds, 39.75 inches tall, and has a head circumference of 22 inches. He did a little showing off for the doctor by singing his ABC's and naming some animals to match the sounds she made. He was not a whole lot of help when it came time for Evan to get his shots, however, as he just kept asking if we could leave yet. 

Evan, at just over 4 months old, is 17 pounds 12 ounces, 26 inches long, and has a head circumference of 18.75 inches. He received 4 vaccines, one orally and 3 via injection. His eczema is a mild case, according to the doctor. She didn't recommend a trip to the dermatologist. He's so young, and she doesn't think it's severe enough to warrant that. She did recommend a different lotion, but I have a pretty new bottle of the current stuff, so I'll use that up and then try the other kind. Evan is also gassy, she noticed. That doesn't surprise me at all. Have you spent time with the kid? All he does is burp and fart. I suppose I could completely change my diet to try to help that, but it doesn't seem to really bother him, so I'm not going to worry about it. 

Our day has been a bit strange. When it came time to eat lunch, Steve said he would rather go take a nap than finish his lunch right then. What? Whose kid is this? So, he slept from 11:20 until 2:10. When he woke up, he was on fire, so I gave him some Tylenol and we laid pretty low. He seemed better as the afternoon went on, at least for a while. Then, around dinner, he was leaning against me and felt even warmer than he had been before. I took his temp again and this time it was 103.3. I'm very confused. He has been saying his stomach hurts, but he also hasn't pooped (sorry...) so I kind of contributed the belly ache to being constipated, which it could be. I'm hoping that the fever will break over night and it was just some 24 hour thing. 

Evan, because of his shots, hasn't been himself either. He's been eating a lot, sleeping fitfully, and chewing on everything he can get his hands on. 

Here are my boys tonight. You can definitely tell how everyone is feeling here!


1 comment:

  1. Poor Steve looks miserable! I hope both your boys are feeling better and you all get sleep tonight!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete