8.20.2012

Winding Down

Where has the summer gone? Somewhere, amidst all the Baby Evan snuggles, Steve giggles, baseball games, and time with friends, summer has started to dwindle away. 

This year, more than any year I can remember, I am ready to go back to the classroom. I am ready to meet the next batch of 4th graders who need some shaping up. More importantly, I am ready for some structure around this house. A routine. We've essentially been winging it since March 25. You know, the day Baby Evan joined our family. 

I have been very lucky to have the past 5 months (really? 5 months?) off. It's given Evan and I time to create that bond we need. Steve has also had time to create a special relationship with Evan, rather than be shipped off to daycare every day while I taught summer school or some equally crazy idea. But, it's time for us to have some structure to our days and *hopefully* nights as well. Momma working is about the only way for that to happen.

Today is Evan's first day with the ladies at daycare. I don't know that he was very excited, but those ladies sure were! Ms. Pat, Ms. Ellen, Ms. Dallyann, and Miss Sam will get to spoil Evan today and Wednesday. Steve was worried that Evan would be in his room, and I don't think he wanted to share his friends, teachers, or toys. I left the camera with Evan's teachers, so there will be evidence of his super fun first day. 

Steve, Evan, and I are headed to Atlantic to visit Nana and Papa on Thursday. Matt is going to DC for his annual Fantasy Football Draft. After spending this weekend without Matt (Kurt's bachelor party), I wasn't ready to do it all again. Instead, I'll drive 8 hours by myself with the boys. That makes sense, right? We will celebrate Steve's birthday one more time with Nana and Papa, and I am planning to take Steve to his first football game Friday night. I also think Papa is taking Steve fishing again, as that's about all Steve can talk about some days. 

I handed off the camera at daycare before uploading the pictures from the past few days. Oops! I guess you'll just have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday. Until then, a few more of Steve's verbal wonders:

Momma, what's your deals? (I don't know, Steve. I really don't know.)

That's fantastic! (many things are...especially to Steve)

Me: Steve, should we make chocolate chip cookies when we get home? 
Steve: Or, we could play cars and make cookies later. I think that sounds like a much better plan. 

I know I'm forgetting a particularly funny one, but I just can't bring it to mind right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment