I'm kicking my boys out of the house this weekend. Both of them. Yep, an entire weekend by myself. This should be interesting. I'm a very social person, always have been. Even when people drive me crazy, I would usually rather be around those people than by myself because I LOVE to talk. That's a big part of why I am a teacher. But, it's time for me to have some time alone. Since Steve was born 15 months ago I haven't had more than a few hours all to myself. It is going to be interesting being able to shower when I want, and use the bathroom without Steve standing right in front of me babbling away. So, Steve is off to Grandma's in the morning, where I'm sure he'll be spoiled spoiled spoiled, and Matt is headed to Wausau to spend time with Mike, Allison (you know her), and Eli.
I'm really looking forward to this weekend, but I have a feeling by Saturday night I'll be ready for some Steve snuggles and conversations with Matt. But that's okay, I'll put on my big girl pants and deal with it. Not to mention Matt has given the okay for an hour long massage and pedicure. Those will follow a major cleaning of the house Saturday morning. I know, that's not very "Angie" or time well spent when all by yourself. You don't understand though. Every time Matt and I make an attempt to clean the house, it lasts only as long as Steve stays asleep. And it's been far too long since the house has been cleaned (I think May, right before Matt's Graduation, would be the last official time). So, I'll clean clean clean before my massage, then I'll relax and take it easy!
I am getting in a little socializing time, too. Jennifer and I are going to IKEA tomorrow just to see what we need. ;) Or something like that. It will be fun. I sure hope I don't get lost!
Things that have been going on in our lives...Steve had his first field trip last Monday. They went to Swan's Pumpkin Farm, which is not too far from daycare. According to the teachers, he had a great time. The pictures don't really do it justice, but that's okay. He also got a pumpkin that's about the size of his head and a bumpy gourd, which he loves playing with.
Matt and I are pretty boring. We're looking into getting a new car for me. Actually, I should be a little more honest about that. A new VAN for me. Yes, dear readers, I am going to join the ranks of mini-van driving moms. I can't say honestly that it's my preferred choice, but it is the logical choice and I don't want to have to go through this car-selecting process again any time soon. I don't think Matt does either. I've been less than helpful. Don't worry, I'll post pictures whenever it happens.
Enjoy the pictures. The Picasa site has been updated and consolidated as there were 2 October albums for some reason.
I remembered one more thing. Nana posted some pictures of their trip to visit us a month ago. That was a week before Steve's haircut. I couldn't believe the difference. I'm not going to say that I waited too long to cut his hair, but boy does he look different now!

He's SO handsome, before and after the haircut. He just looks like a little boy now, not a baby anymore.
ReplyDelete