It's been an interesting two days.
Jennifer and I had a great time yesterday at IKEA and I was able to get a good start on Christmas shopping. In fact, Steve is almost done. That's pretty incredible, at least for me. The best part though was getting to spend time with a new friend. I've spent a lot of time missing my friends in DC, and while no one will replace them, it is nice to have a new friend here to relate to, spend time with, and learn about myself again.
Today, I took a couple of hours and cleaned the house. And, when I came home after being gone for a few hours, it was still clean!!! Unfortunately, while I was cleaning I discovered that we have a woodpecker attacking the siding on our house, so there must be some insect infestation there. Orkin has been called, but they aren't open until Monday.
I also had a wonderful massage and pedicure. Sooooo relaxing.
While it's been wonderful not having any responsibilities, nothing to get home to, no one to chase after, I'm sure you've guessed that I miss both Matt and Steve terribly. It will be wonderful to see them tomorrow, and do a little Halloween celebrating!
There is one member of our family who I think is perfectly content having the house empty except for one person: Flop. He seems to be loving all of the one-on-one time, sleeping curled up next to my feet, snuggling on the couch with me, and not being terrorized by Steve. Maybe I need to do a weekend of solitude every so often just so Flop remembers how loved and appreciated he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment