2.04.2012

Steve's New Room

Well, it was new back in December. Now it's more like the room we can't believe we didn't move Steve into earlier. He loves it. There is a toy box, but with only a few toys that don't make much noise on their own. Just in case Steve ever gets out of bed before we get up and starts playing. :) But, he's really good about that. He is usually awake between 6 and 6:30 on the weekends. We have him well trained, though, and he stays in bed reading or talking to himself until at least 7, if not 7:30. The challenge is finding a diaper that can contain him that long!


So, here it is...The walls looks much different in reality. The official color is Rich Georgia Clay. If you think about the color of the infield dirt at Miller Park, or any ball park really, that's what it looks like. I like it. Matt's getting used to it.








In other news around the Compound...


Steve has a small case of ringworm. They discovered it at daycare on Wednesday. I knew he had a spot on his leg, but when I was on top of things and applied hydrocortisone to it twice a day, it went away. Well, apparently not. So, we took a trip to prompt care to get it checked out. Unfortunately, I had to take Steve out of daycare at the exact time that they were preparing to go outside. Very poor timing on my part. That made for our 30 minutes at the doctor seem like 2 hours with the crying and clinging and such. 


That same night, Steve went to bed as normal and there were no signs of trouble. At 10:30, I woke up to him crying very loudly for Mommy. When I made it into his room, I discovered he'd gotten sick all over himself and his bed. Poor kid. We cleaned that up and decided that he should come to bed with me. He and I were all snuggled in and sleeping, until about 12:30. At which time he got sick again. Not as bad this time, and I was able to contain it. I also discovered the problem: he had slid off the pillow and was laying flat on his back, which caused phlegm and mucus to start draining, leading to coughing, and he couldn't control that. So, I slept the rest of the night fitfully, making sure he stayed on a pillow. 


My initial thought was strep. The two times last year that he had strep, he acted the exact same way. Matt, thank goodness, stayed home with him on Thursday and got him to prompt care early. It ended up being an ear infection, not strep. Which would explain why Steve told me last week, when Matt was gone, that his ear hurt. I guess next time I'll pay more attention to that. He's on the mend now and it's Matt's turn to be sick.


Steve and I ran several errands this morning, starting at Kohl's. We followed that with one of our 2 monthly trips to Target. I have totally brainwashed Steve and he loves going there just as much as I do. After that, we stopped at the grocery store for a few things that were drastically on sale and we couldn't pass those up (like Pillsbury Grands biscuits: 10 for $10, and they have 2 boxtops on each package!!!). All of this made me realize something at 32 weeks pregnant: I can't do three stores, no matter how short the stops, in 2 hours on the same day. I was in desperate need of some sitting and resting.


Then, I slipped and fell at the bottom of our stairs. I'm so very awesome. I landed on my side, and my hip and right boob took the brunt of the fall. I did call the doctor and we talked for a few minutes. I have definitely fallen much harder when not pregnant, and I was moving relatively normally. Dr. Chance-Lawson felt comfortable with me keeping an eye on things at home, and if needed, I can go in to the hospital if I think something is wrong. Almost immediately after I fell, Baby Boy was moving around (probably because he was hungry), so I considered that a good sign. And he's been moving as expected ever since. The 2 hour nap I took following laying Steve down was much needed. In case you're still worried, I have a regularly scheduled check-up on Tuesday with my doctor, so we'll make sure things are still okay then.


I'll leave you with Sleepy Steve. He fell asleep on the way home, probably about 2 miles from the house, and stayed that way until I finished unloading the car (very slowly and in small increments). So sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment