3.15.2009

Randomness

Today's post is composed of completely random thoughts that have nothing to do with each other. However, to spare you a zillion different posts to look through, I'm putting them all in one place. Enjoy!

Pregnancy:
I'm almost at 21 weeks (that happens on Tuesday). Things continue to progress very well. I do have lower back and pelvic pain as things are shifting, stretching, and changing shape. I spend more time sitting than I used to, especially at school. If I am lying (laying? I don't know which one I should use) down, quite often I get leg pains. I've read that this is most likely sciatic nerve related, and completely normal. Sometimes I also am afflicted by restless leg syndrome. That is not fun to deal with as there is no way that I have found to make it go away. 

Our first ultrasound is schedule for March 25th. There are rumors that Uncle Josh might be coming for a visit that day so he can find out the sex of the baby. Aunt Teri is not allowed because she can't keep a secret! If Uncle Josh does come, he won't be allowed to say anything to anyone, but we'll see if that can actually happen.

Last night, Matt abandoned me again to go play Magic with Kurt and Jim. Of course, that was the time when the baby decided to make his/her presence known and I actually felt movement. It was very exciting. I've heard it described as flutters and gas bubbles. The best description came from my friend, Kelly. Sawyer, who is almost 2, made his presence known in such a way that Kelly jumped out of her chair while grading papers. Anyway, this kid feels like s/he is punching or kicking straight out of my belly.  It isn't hard and doesn't hurt (yet).

Here I am this past Friday, on our way up to Jean's for dinner, in my first maternity jeans. They are a little big, but that just means I can wear them longer and possibly won't have to buy another pair.


Flowers:
Amanda sent me these beautiful iris and tulips this weeks to make me smile. It worked! I smile each time I walk by and smell them.



Sandwiches:
My mom and I had this argument when I was growing up. She is convinced that your sandwich will taste better if cut into triangles before eating. I always stated that it didn't matter what shape the sandwich was in, it would taste the same. I guess you could say she's won: every time I make a sandwich I cut it into triangles prior to eating. (I told you this was going to be random.)

The Weather:
I am completely aware that we live in Wisconsin and nothing regarding the weather is ever guaranteed. Case in point: Last year, the first day of spring (also Brigid's birthday) there was a huge snow storm that dumped 12 inches of snow here. And this is where I chose to spend Spring Break!

But, we'll enjoy what we get while we can. Yesterday and today the weather has been gorgeous. Near 50 yesterday, and I think we'll pass that mark today. It's supposed to be like this for at least the next few days. Kind of makes me wish I liked gardening and yard work, because then I would be outside doing some of that. Instead, I'm writing on my computer!

College Basketball:
I really wish Dick Vitale would go away. I have had enough of him.

Baby's Heartbeat:
Matt recorded it at the last appointment on his phone, but I haven't been able to get it here so you can hear it. Somebody should email him and complain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment