3.29.2009

The Weekend

Shane, Tammy and Valerie made it up to Wisconsin this weekend, only to enjoy an 8-inch snowstorm last night and this morning. Tammy and Valerie very patiently helped me finish registering at Babies R Us and Wal-Mart (there aren't very many things on the Wal-Mart registry, and it will probably go away after the shower in Atlantic is over). We went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday night, Jimmy John's on Saturday, and Matt grilled kabobs last night. Tammy, Valerie and I also took a dip in the hot tub during the snowstorm. It was fun, in a way, but we really could have done without the wind. When we got out our flip-flops were completely covered in snow so we just made a dash for the house! Matt and Shane stayed inside where it was nice and warm. Apparently they thought we were crazy!

I just finished my report cards, and I think Matt and I are going to head to the airport to collect Louis, Maury's Explorer. Maury is in Texas with Jane for a week or so, then they will be driving back in Jane's car.  

Nothing too exciting baby-wise...I've been showing off the ultrasound pictures like any proud mom should and feeling lots of little kicks and elbows being thrown. Matt still hasn't felt any movement yet, but I think it's getting close to the point where he will be able to. At least I hope so!

I forgot to mention that Mike Butt came to visit earlier this week. It would have been much more fun if Eli and Allison had come with, but we'll see them next weekend when we help celebrate Eli's first birthday. We're headed to Cedarburg Friday night for that. We'll also see a lot of friends on Thursday night at the Gaslight Anthem concert in Milwaukee. I need to prepare my students for a zombie on Friday!

Matt had a very productive week on the job front.  I think he met with or talked to someone every day about a job. We're hoping that the Milwaukee Tool guys he met with will be able to put something together for him and this long period of waiting for something to happen will be over. Just keep praying for us.

I've only got 9 school days left until Spring Break, and 10 school days until the Brewers open their 2009 season at home against the Cubs. I can't wait, for either event!

No comments:

Post a Comment