Ladies and gentlemen, this post is all about my wonderful husband. I'm not one to gush usually about anything, though I find that changing the longer I am pregnant, but Matt definitely deserves some attention and kudos for everything he's been doing.
As I type, he is putting the second coat of primer on the walls in the baby's room. We figured 2 coats of primer is better and more cost efficient than 2 coats of paint. Plus, it's not just putting primer everywhere and being done. We had the wall primer tinted green to go under the green paint, then he has to prime the ceiling and ALL of the trim with regular primer for the ivory-ish accent color. He must really love me.
So, not only is he painting and helping to get that ready for Mom and Dad's visit this weekend, but let's talk about all of the other things he does every day: the dishes, running errands, vacuuming, cleaning the toilets, mowing the lawn (with a push mower...our yard is big!), "taking care of the chipmunks" that invade my herb garden, chopping down trees and cutting them up for firewood...He does so much for me that I can't even name of all of it.
Today, I came home from school to find him starting the painting job in the baby's room. I asked what was on the list that I should take care of. He said, "Marinate the chicken, then take a nap. You look exhausted." It doesn't get much better than that. I didn't actually take a nap. I ended up spacing out and watching last night's Desperate Housewives, but still...
It's a very good thing that we like each other, considering the amount of time we spend together. But we have a good time. Matt even goes to the grocery store with me now. That's a terrific help especially when trying to get things off of the bottom shelves. I'm not very good trying to stand up once I get to that level.
So, the gist of all of this? I really love my husband. I am glad he's stuck around for all the ups and downs so far, and I am excited for all the new ones to come. Thanks, honey!

So sweet...what a great hubby!! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, adorable - way to take care of your lady, Matt! Gold star for you! Thanks for labelling those pictures too, quite fascinating to see a little person develop, especially one that will undoubtably be an amazing human bean. So happy to hear that everything is fine!
ReplyDelete