First things first...I can't remember if I shared the post with everyone from Amanda's trip here in April. I know I emailed it to a lot of people, but thought I'd share here for everyone's enjoyment. Don't worry, though. In the picture where we are toasting, that is a non-alcoholic Hefeweisen I'm drinking. It was pretty yummy.
Here is my week 29 picture.

I know it isn't in the exact same spot as all of the other belly shots, but this was at the end of the shower. Aren't mom and I so cute? The best part, or one of the best, is that the dress I'm wearing is not a maternity dress. It is one of mine from last summer before I lost a bunch of weight that just happens to fit well over the belly. Lovely, huh?
Speaking of the shower, it was wonderful! Tammy and Nancypants

did a great job organizing everything; and they didn't even talk in person or on the phone once. The wonders of modern technology...We only played one game which was guessing the baby food in unmarked jars. Mom and I were not very good at that. There was also a bottle filled with M & M's that everyone had to guess the number inside. Apparently you can fit 247 M & M's in a standard glass bottle. Amazing. The shower was well attended by mom's church ladies, her coworkers, Emily, Tammy, Valerie, Violet (Tammy's mom), and Jessie. We had a good time.
After the shower, we met up with the boys for a little bit of lunch at Rancho Grande, then headed to Templeman's Trash downtown. It just so happens that they had the perfect bookcase for the baby's room! And Matt found a lovely old-school Cyclone bank to start a "savings" account for the baby. Very exciting trip to downtown Atlantic.
The late afternoon and evening were taken up with a trip to Grandpa's farm.

This was my first time being back since the funeral. I guess, even though I know full well it's silly to think like this, that I never imagined life without Grandpa. When Grandma died in 2001, we were kind of prepared. She'd been sick for a while, and struggled and hurt so much, we knew she was ready to leave. But even at my wise old age of 30, I never dreamed that Grandpa wouldn't always be sitting in his recliner at his house, waiting to see everyone whenever we could stop by. And now he's not there. So...Walking through the house was a little strange. Mom, Nancypants, and I went to the cemetery. It was somewhat upsetting that there wasn't any grass planted on the site, in fact it didn't even look like anyone had done anything except dump some dirt there. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Back to the farm and down to the pond. Jake, Emily, Matt and Dad had been shooting guns and some of them (maybe all of them) had come to the decision that "the pregnant lady should shoot a gun." I put my foot down at that suggestion. I did allow a few pictures of me with a gun in hand. Go to Matt's Picasa album if you want to see the evidence. The evening ended with a fire, hot dogs, s'mores, and family time. It was fantastic. And we didn't hit any deer on our way home!

Sunday was a pretty lazy day. I went to church with Mom and Dad. Then we all pitched in to help Mom make lunch for Mother's Day. Since her kids are such terrible kids, we didn't get her a whole lot for being such a great mom. Thank goodness Dad took care of things! He got her the most beautiful 3-ring set, two diamond bands surrounding a 3-stone center ring. She's super fancy now. Jake and Emily headed home, and everyone except me took a nap. Once the naps were over, Mom, Dad, Matt and I headed to the golf course for a quick 9 holes. After shaking off the cobwebs, I played relatively well. The only bad part was the sore back and legs the next day. Oh well, it was fun.
I think I've caught you up on everything. I go back to the doctor on May 22. That happens to be the same day when Mom and Dad show up to paint the baby's room. When that is finished, all we have to do is get everything in there and organized (yippee!) and we should be ready for a baby to show up.
Have a great rest of the week. I'm going to try to maintain my sanity with 23 days of school left.
No comments:
Post a Comment