That's not really fair. It wasn't a storm. It was three really fantastic days of time spent with family. I had a blast, and I'm pretty sure Steve did too. Who wouldn't love snuggling in bed with Nana and Papa after breakfast?
We had a couple of long nights though. Steve had slept through the night for 4 or 5 nights in a row until last Tuesday night. I don't know if he hit a growth spurt or what, but he was up twice a night Tuesday through Thursday nights. Last night we returned to "normal" if you can call it that. He must have been exhausted because he pretty much slept from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 this morning! It is so amazing the difference I feel, and I'm sure Matt does too, after several solid hours of sleep.
So, how was Thanksgiving at the Kennedy Compound this year? Great! We had more food than imagined. Matt did a great job on the flank steak and sweet potatoes. Mom and Nancy were in charge of pies and did not disappoint. I handled the lettuce salad (tough, I know) and hashbrown casserole. Jean brought a Greenberg smoked turkey, which we have turned into soup. We have so many leftovers it is unreal. That's good though, because I need food for school next week.
Today we are resting up a little bit before heading down to LeGrange, IL, for a shower at Eric's parents house for Amanda and the baby. I am so excited to see her and her belly. She is due the day before my birthday so it's getting close. I am also excited for her to see Steve since she hasn't since he was days old and just home from the hospital.
Oh yeah. Did I mention that we had snow on Thanksgiving day? We did. Not much, but did bundle Steve up in his hand-me-down snowsuit and get a few pictures. Good times.
Happy belated turkey day to everyone. I hope you spent the weekend with people you love doing things that you love. I know we did. We missed those that couldn't be here with us, and Grandpa Drennan was heavily on my mind as this was the beginning of the holidays without him. It is very hard to believe that just a year ago we sat at his house for Christmas and thought he was getting a little stronger.
Rest up. The holiday season has begun!
- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.
No comments:
Post a Comment