11.21.2009

I Need More Time


I know. If I had more time I'd fill it with more stuff and still not get anything done. But really, I just want time to be able to blog. I miss writing about what's happening in our lives and keeping you all updated. I'm going to add an app to my phone that will hopefully help with that. You might not get lengthy posts, but at least you'll get something. I know you're all desperate for information about us.


We've made it through two weeks of back-to-school and daycare. Steve really likes everyone at Little City Kids, and I really love his teachers. Miss Ellen takes care of him most of the time. She is a retired school teacher and kind of like another grandma. Don't worry, Grandma and Nana. She's no where near as wonderful as you are. But she loves Steve and that's important. 


School is another story completely. I'm having an okay time with the teaching part, the planning part, and the grading part. However, the classroom management is tough. The kids like to talk. A lot. I'm exhausted at the end of each day, and not in a good way. I don't mind being exhausted if the kids have learned a lot. But it seems as though no one is learning anything, including how to keep your mouth shut when the teacher is teaching. Oh well. I knew I had my work cut out for me. I just didn't realize how much work it was going to be. Thank goodness for Cindy, my co-teacher, Pam, the instructional assistant, and the other ladies on the Second Floor Team.

Next week the students are off because of parent/teacher conferences. It will also give me a chance to get things organized and rearranged in the room after having someone else in charge for 9 or 10 weeks. I'm off completely on Wednesday to get ready for Thanksgiving at our house. It will be nice to have a few days with Steve, even if I do have to share him with family.

Matt, Steve and I attended our first poetry reading on Thursday evening. Jim read some of his original works, so we trekked up to Milwaukee for a little culture. Steve was great, just wanted to talk about everything so he and I listened to the poetry from an adjoining room. 

We're at Grandma's right now getting ready for dinner with a couple of her friends. We made the mistake of stopping at Sendik's (the grocery store with carpet, Joni) in Mequon where everyone was ridiculously rude. We won't be doing that again. Unfortunately, Kopps' flavor of the day isn't one that I can't live without, so we don't get to stop there for custard. Boo.


In case I don't have a chance to check-in before Thursday, I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving! We'll be hosting at our house and Nana, Papa, Grandma, and Aunt Nancy will be joining us. If you're in the area, you're welcome to stop by! I'm also very excited because Eric and Amanda will be in the Chicago area and we'll get to see them sometime next weekend. Yeah!!! It won't be long and she'll have her own little Steve-like creature to play with.

Pictures are up in the November album. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment