6.10.2010

A Boil on the Butt?

Yes.

I mentioned yesterday that Steve ate some sand. So he needed a bath. And he likes to stand up in the bath. Which is when I saw a very disturbing spot on his butt. An investigation revealed redness and a hard lump. We were able to get an appointment to see the doctor today and figured he would be okay until then.

Wrong.

The thing popped around seven this morning during a diaper change at daycare. That was followed by an hour and a half nap (unheard of!) during which it oozed lots of blood and pus. So, I quickly ran to school to turn in my keys and paper, then we headed off to prompt care.

The doctor said it was a boil, and prescribed an antibiotic. I'm getting smarter. I also asked for the cream Steve got right before we headed to Maryland in April for his diaper rash courtesy of those antibiotics. So, I'm hoping it won't be too bad this time around.

We spent most of the day snuggled together in the recliner. It was pretty bittersweet. I haven't gotten that many neck nuzzles and cuddles in a long time. But at the same time, I don't want him to be in pain to offer those up.

Steve is going to kill me for posting this someday, but I just wanted you to see how nasty this thing is.










- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment