6.17.2010

The Zoo

Steve and I made our first trip the the Racine Zoological Gardens today. We weren't there very long, but we enjoyed it. We will be making the zoo a weekly occurrence, and are hoping that some of our friends can come along. 

In March, there were twin lion cubs born at the zoo. We caught a short glimpse of them today when they poked their heads out. Today happened to be their last veterinary check-up. After this, human hands will no longer touch them. They were a little shy. They should be a little more playful and visible next week.

Steve's favorite part, besides lunch, was the orangutan. It was swinging from ropes and being silly, and I think it was the easiest for Steve to see. But he followed it around the cage with his eyes and got a little frustrated with me when I wanted to go check something else out.

I did take a couple of pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet. Check back later this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Can Liam and I come? I'm serious. We would love to come up for the day and go to the zoo with you guys!

    ReplyDelete