11.24.2010

Family Traditions

The holidays. They have arrived. As I type, we are headed to Nana's and Papa's. I'm very excited. Not only will we be seeing most of the family, but I also get to meet one of my best friends' month-old baby. I believe at one month this little lady is the same size that Steve was when he was born. I'm pretty sure our kid is going to be a monster. Or a giant. Possibly an ogre. 

But, I digress. This post is supposed to be about family traditions. Before I speak my mind, let me preface with this: I am not trying to offend anyone. Really. I'm just trying to put my two cents worth out into the world. Read if you want. Go check your email or your Fantasy Football standings if you don't. I'll never know. 

This year marks the first in Matt's and my entire relationship that we will be in our own house on Christmas morning. That is making me more excited every day. It means that Santa will visit our house and Steve will wake up to presents under our Christmas tree, not someone else's. We get to open all of our presents ON Christmas instead of a few days ahead. We get to make our own traditions. This is big. 

So, you have to excuse me if I get a little bull-headed about my plans. Yes, I want to be at my house when I wake up Christmas morning. Yes, you are welcome to come join us if you want. No, I'm not going to change my mind. 

I do realize that this will not happen every year. We alternate spending time with the Kennedy side and Drennan side each year. So, next year we will wake up at Nana's and Papa's on Christmas morning. And it will be wonderful. 

But this year, this time around, we get to do it MY way. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment