11.28.2010

Thanksgiving Debrief

We survived another holiday. Phew. When you hear the details, you'll be amazed that we did.

We made great time on Wednesday and arrived in Atlantic between 2 and 3. We stopped at the offices of those hardworking grandparents of Steve's, then back to the house to unpack. Within an hour, Steve had found Nana's small heart-shaped rock collection and started eating. Luckily I got to him before he ate more than one, but only just. Supposedly it's a small rock, but a rock just the same, and we are still waiting for it to reappear.

Matt and I headed out to Shane and Tammy's after we got Steve in bed. Unfortunately for Nana and Papa, Steve chose this time to get sick to his stomach and everything he had eaten since lunch came back up. Laundry was done, Steve was sponged off, then sent back to bed. I think he slept most of the night, but can't remember.

The past three days have been filled with grumpiness, because there is still a rock in this kid's body, and because a new tooth picked this weekend to work it's way out. I'll spare you all of the details, but there have been other gross things involved with both ailments.

We went out to eat yesterday with Nana and Papa before visiting Santa at his cabin. Steve seemed to be feeling fine and was eating French fries and chicken tenders. Apparently he coughed and choked on something, which in turn led to projectile vomiting. He managed to only hit part of his leg, part of my leg, the diaper bag (not in it though), and the floor. It was awesome. Afterwards though he seemed fine again, just cranky.

The visit to Santa was less than stellar. We let someone else go first in the hopes that Steve would then be okay with it. Wrong. He screamed and clung to me. I guess we will see how he does next weekend when we visit Santa again.

We are headed to the Dells today so Steve can meet Great Grandma Evelyn. To shorten our drive time, we spent the night at Uncle Jake's and Aunt Emily's last night. Steve slept on the car ride there, then went down fine after exploring things a while. Then he woke up at 2 and could not be consoled. We ended up sleeping in the recliner and on the couch for the rest of the night. And by we, I mean Steve. I only slept an hour and a half between 2 and 5. Ugh.

We are looking forward to the routine of home again this week. Hopefully Steve will slide right back in and that darn rock will show up.

There are some pictures which I will post when we have time. Hope you all had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment