1.18.2009

Ahhh, Coca-Cola

For those that have known me a while, you probably know that I was addicted to Coca-Cola about 6 years ago.  I think for most of my first year of teaching I would drink 2 20 oz. Cokes every day.  I know that it's bad for a person to drink that much soda period, let alone that much full-strength sugar-loaded caffeinated soda.  So I cut back, dramatically.  Then last year when I started the low-carb diet, I had to cut it out completely and switch to Diet Coke.  Some people might question why I didn't switch to Coke Zero, since it supposedly tastes "just like" regular Coke.  I vehemently disagree with that statement. Coke Zero tastes closer to Pepsi or Diet Coke than it does regular Coke.  Don't try to trick me.

I actually have a point with all of this rambling, I promise.

Now that I'm pregnant, the doctor has said to stop doing the low-carb business. I haven't completely switched back, as we still don't have any pasta except mac and cheese in the house, but I have been eating bread and other carb-loaded goodies.  She also suggested that I stick to one soda a day, since there isn't really any nutritional value to it.  I read that caffeine in small doses is okay, just not to go crazy.  So, welcome back regular Coke!

I love it.  I had one yesterday and one today, but don't worry, that's it for a while.  We don't have it at home and I'm not going to buy any.  But, boy, is it WONDERFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie, Coke is so great now isn't it? I couldn't handle the caffeine in a HALF of a Coke before, but once I got preggo it was SO good. But yeah, in moderation. But just to have fun with the super-paranoid people, be sure to tell them that you think 5 cups of coffee/day is totally fine when you're pregnant ;)

    ReplyDelete