1.30.2009

The Greatest Mouse Hunter Never


I know some of you heard about, or were witness to, the great mouse hunt earlier this month.  The short version is that Flop was supposed to get the mouse, didn't, and I ended up putting it in a cup and throwing it in the woods outside.  

Well, this morning  the greatest mouse hunter never was at it again.  I saw him playing with something while I was eating breakfast in the dark.  I figured it was the golf ball we've had laying around.  WRONG.  I found Flop and the mouse in the corner of the kitchen, the mouse trying to jump up the wall to escape.  Flop failed again, I caught the mouse in a cup again, and threw it out in the woods again.  

I think we need mouse traps.

On a much happier note, we found our Friday Fish Fry place.  A coworker recommended it to me, not knowing if it was still open or not, but luckily it is. They have the best potato pancakes.  Come see us in Racine on a Friday and I'll take you there, whether Matt wants fish fry or not.

No exciting pregnant news.  Just cookin'.

Thanks to everyone who remembered me as I turned the big 3-0 this year.  And if you missed it, don't worry.  I'm willing to extend my birthday several weeks if that will help you!;)  Seriously, thank you.  The cards, gifts, texts and everything were wonderful.

Don't let that picture of Flop fool you.  He's really not as fierce as he looks. Lovable, yes.  Fierce, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment