1.11.2009

Dreams

Those of you that have been pregnant before, can you please explain why my dreams have been so crazy lately?  Before being pregnant, I hardly ever remembered my dreams.  Now, I can't forget them.  It is slightly annoying.  The two most recent examples of insanity:

Friday night/Saturday morning:  I don't remember all of the details, but what I do remember is strange enough.  Tom Hanks was in the dream, not as a character he played in a movie but more as the spokesperson he was around "Saving Private Ryan" time.  I believe he was trying to raise money at that point for the World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.  For some reason, he peed on me, all over my back and head.  And that's all I remember.  But Matt thinks it is hilarious and that I had to write about it.  So, all of you amateur dream analysts, get crackin' on this for me.

Saturday night/Sunday morning:  I'll spare you all of the details that I can remember on this one.  The basics are that Matt had 2 wives, me and a girl I went to high school with whom I don't speak to anymore.  That didn't go over very well, in the dream or otherwise.  When I told Matt about this one this morning, he said I was being very selfish.  I don't care.  I got him first, I get to keep him all to myself.  Take that, dream second wife!!!

I also realized that I hadn't mentioned any of my food issues yet.  There isn't a lot that I really don't want.  However, right now eggs are a no-go.  They don't make me sick, they just have zero taste at all, kind of like chomping on cardboard or something.  This past week the one thing that sounded good just about every day was Mexican.  Sunday we had Taco Bell, Monday I had Qdoba, Tuesday was our normal taco night, Wednesday I had leftover tacos, Thursday we had Cajun chicken salads (not really Mexican), and Friday we had more Mexican from Jose's Blue Sombrero.  Matt is really starting to wonder if we're going to be eating Mexican until July!  And watch out when this question pops up, "What do you want for dinner, honey?"  I honestly can't answer that question.  I basically have to make whatever Matt wants or anything that comes to mind and make myself think it is a good idea.  I am not craving anything, so making a decision is very difficult.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO....seriously fell off my chair. Really Tom Hanks? LOL. I guess the good thing is you didn't start peeing in bed and woke up first, haha. Keep the posts coming...loving them. Love, Aunt T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what happened here. See your pregnancy brain melded Saving Private Ryan with American Pie. It's really quite common in your stage of pregnancy. Look it up (please don't). Just wait until exploding artillery shells start mixing with awkward adolescent situations.

    Also, the Matt in your dream w/ two wives was normal Matt. You married Bizzaro world Matt (the evil one w/ the goatee). No worries there, just alternate realities colliding.

    As for the Mexican food, I have no thoughts. Call me when you have cravings for Samoan cuisine and I'll cook you some.

    No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could help.

    ReplyDelete