9.20.2009

Nana's and Papa's Visit


We've just returned from dropping Nana and Papa at the airport. For some reason, ever since the 8 months of traveling back and forth from Waldorf to Milwaukee, the airport is not really a happy place for me. I always get sad when I drop someone off there, especially when I've been sleep deprived. I did get a nap this afternoon, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed saying good-bye to Nana and Papa.


We had a very low key weekend. Friday evening, after dinner at Sonic for the grown-ups, Steve ate for a while and we put him down (for the last time) around 10:30. Imagine my surprise when we didn't hear a peep out of him until almost 4:30! That's 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep!!! I did decide to use disposables, at least for a while here, at night and I think that was a big part of it. With a full belly and dry clothes, we can all sleep a lot longer.


Matt had class on Saturday, so he was gone all day. Steve, Nana, Papa and I didn't do much until late morning when we headed to the Verizon store. Nana and Papa each got a Blackberry, as well as a netbook (some sort of promotion). While we waited for the phone numbers to be transferred, we enjoyed some Coldstone as a pre-lunch snack. Then a trip to Target to get some necessities, and finally back home. Nana and I left Papa and Steve home to watch the Hawks take on Arizona and went shopping at Boston Store's Goodwill Sale.


Steve did not sleep 6 hours straight last night, but he did go 4 solid hours between feedings, and all the times he was laid down to sleep he talked himself into it. He's such a good little man. I did discover that when I put him back in bed around 6:30 this morning thinking that he would go back to sleep, he never did. He woke me up around 7:30 or 7:45 because he was tired of talking to himself.

Today we took a little field trip to Wood National Cemetery and the VA Campus where Matt will be working. Nana and Papa had never been to Stever's grave, and Steve needed a visit to his Uncle Steve's resting place. Then we checked out where Matt's office will be and headed back down to watch some football.

That's about the excitement. Steve's tummy has been much better, but I haven't been eating or drinking anything fun. Good for him, boring for me. Oh well, it doesn't last forever, right?

Matt and I both have class again on Wednesday evening, and I think Mike, Allison and Eli might be coming to visit on Thursday. Then Friday evening is our last Brewer's game of the season, but it will be Steve's first game. He's very excited!

There are new pictures in two places: Matt's Picasa Site and my Picasa Site.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment