9.01.2009

The First (and Last) Day of School

Well, it isn't really my last day of school. But I won't be going back until November 9. And I am so excited and relieved about this. I think Matt is too. I don't think Steve had a very good day at home without me the entire time. But it's okay now.

The first day was okay. It went pretty quickly, as most first days do. But with the 23 minutes earlier starting time, many parents/families had their kids at school late. Oh well. We didn't really do a lot today anyway. Rules, procedures, and paperwork: that's what makes up the first day. In case you weren't aware, students don't get homework on the first day, the parents do. I think there are no fewer than 20 papers that have to be signed and returned to school ASAP at the beginning of the year.

One more thing that has nothing to do with school: We were finally able to start using the cloth diapers that Sarah and Greg sent us, and Nana bought for us. They are great! I'll post a picture of Steve sporting his super fancy diapers soon.

Off to change one of those diapers and determine what Steve will let me eat for dinner. Oh, and getting ready for my masters' class that starts tomorrow night. Glutton for punishment.

1 comment: