Where has the time gone? Honestly, I would like to know. It seems like not too many days ago I was 9+ months pregnant and couldn't wait to meet the little baby inside. Now he's here and almost 2 months old.
Earlier this week Mike, Allison and Eli came down for a visit. It was great fun having them around. Unfortunately, the next day Mike and Eli had a little accident and Eli has a broken leg now. Poor little guy. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as I can't imagine how difficult it's going to be trying to keep a very mobile 17 month old from being mobile.
As you read, we went to our last and Steve's first Brewers game Friday night. The weather was a bit crappy, but it was a great game. Steve really was a champ. He slept through the tailgating and ate when we got into the game.
After that he just hung out, a little with Aunt Brigid and Uncle Kurt, a little with Dad, and a lot with me (what can I say? I have a hard time giving my little man up!). He was even awake for 99% of the game.
When we got home, Steve was understandably hungry (it was 11:30 and he had last eaten at 7:15). So we laid down to eat and hopefully fall asleep. He ate, but there wasn't any falling asleep. I was tired though so decided to try putting him to bed with music playing (we finally put a CD player in his room). I didn't hear from him again until 4:40! Amazing. He then fell asleep again and didn't wake until after 9. How lucky can I get?
Steve has been a very content baby the past week or so. It seems altering my eating habits has worked. That's not to say that he doesn't have his moments, but they are usually short-lived and revolve around an easily defined problem: hungry, dirty diaper, or tired. And he hasn't been spitting up everything he eats. Sometimes he eats too much and spits up after that, but there isn't any crying involved and it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Which was desperately needed because I was starting to feel like everything was my fault.
Steve also seems to be going longer between feedings. It used to be that I could count on every 3 hours. Now he goes 4 hours between feedings almost around the clock. Last night was another of those great nights where he ate at 8:30, played a little bit and fell asleep in the swing. Matt moved him to his crib around 11, turned on the music, and we didn't hear a peep out of him until 2:45. If I had been a smart mom, I would have gone to bed as soon as he was done eating and let Matt handle everything that came later. I wasn't though. But I still got almost 4 hours of sleep before Steve woke up.
We are headed to Grandpa's house this Grafton after the Packers game. Hopefully we'll get there before the Bears game is completely over. That's our excitement for the week. Matt has a very long list of things he is trying to accomplish before he starts his new job (Oct. 13 I think!), and I'm trying to get ahead of things for grad school since there is a big paper and unit plan due immediately after I return from a long visit to Iowa the weekend of the 17th. There are new photos in Matt's Picasa Album, and we will soon be starting the October album.
No comments:
Post a Comment