I used to be really great about remembering birthdays, anniversaries and other dates that no one else can remember or would remember. I always sent cards to people, and tried really hard to have a present or something for the most important people in our lives well in advance so I wouldn't forget when the day arrived. I don't know if people started expecting it from me or if I just expected it from myself, but I was on top of things.
Now, I have this little monster, I mean Steve, to take care of and it seems that's about all I can handle. Last night I was asking Matt if he needed anything from Target and he started spewing things off. Immediately I grabbed my phone and started making a list in the Notes App because I can't even remember to take a paper list with me when I go to the store (as we discovered last week on our way to Grandma's house for her birthday). Argh. So frustrating. What am I going to be like when I go back to work and have to remember work stuff, grad school stuff, Matt stuff, Steve stuff, Angie stuff, stuff, stuff, and more stuff??? I'm guessing that Notes App and I are going to be very close friends.
This is even funnier to me because I checked my friend Alisa's blog just moments ago and she wrote about having "mommy brain." I guess that's what is happening to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment