10.08.2009

Randomness



Lots of little things on my mind today...Please bear with me!

Day Care

We have finally made this very important decision. After lots of asking around, I wasn't getting any closer to an in-home option, either our home or someone else's. Last week I toured 2 centers, and we've decided on Little City Kids. It reminded me a lot of the center I worked in when I first moved to Ames. It's not a HUGE center where Steve won't get some individualized attention; in fact right now he would be the only infant in the little room. What made the decision for us? The other center we toured would only allow Steve to be gone a total of 2 weeks per year without losing his spot. That same center would have required us to pay all summer long for services we wouldn't be using. Little City Kids will allow me to keep Steve at home during the summer, with a minimum registration fee or possibly no fee at all, just the promise that we'll return when school resumes. Also, they have no problem with cloth diapers! It's sad to think that a month from tomorrow I will be back at school, so let's not think about that!

Housekeeping

For those that know me, you know I'm not a very good housekeeper. I never have been. Not to mention the fact that Matt is even worse than I am, and we've now got Steve who comes with a lot of stuff. All that being said, I really like my house picked up and at least looking like I care. I commented to Matt last night that I had picked things up and had everything looking reasonably okay. Matt replied, "Then I came home." He said it, not me. One of these days I'll figure out how to keep the house clean and comfortable all at the same time. Maybe I should just get rid of a bunch of stuff?

Grad School

Let's just say it's trying really hard to kick my butt. I'm not sure who is winning yet. I am, however, getting an "A". Yeah me!

Steve

The pain of his shots has gone away and I have my happy-go-lucky little boy back. We have our moments, but I don't think I could ask for a better, happier little man.


Along with everything else, his hands are growing, so much so that he can almost wrap one hand completely around Matt's finger.

Artwork

We've almost lived in our house for a year (hard to believe!). So, it's about time that our bedroom walls stopped being completely bare. Lucky me, I've got a jack-of-all-trades living with me. He made these three frames, I picked the photos, and voila! No more bare walls.

Weekend

The weekend is almost upon us and we actually have plans! Eli is hosting a cast signing party at his parents' house in Wausau. We're looking forward to it, and it will be Steve's first party. Sunday is Grandma's birthday, but we're going to stretch it an extra day and celebrate with her on Monday. That will lead us right to Matt's first day at his new job!

Pictures

We haven't had a chance to add all the photos I took while was Matt was gone to the main October album. Keep checking my site for now. I'll let you know when we move them.

No comments:

Post a Comment