We're creeping, make that speeding faster than an F1 racecar, up to Steve's 3 month mark. Some of the new things in Steve's life:
He has discovered his hands. He hasn't gotten his thumb, but he does love to chomp on his fist. I tried really hard to get it on camera when he stares at his hands, but couldn't do it. He spends minutes each day staring at them, and punching himself in the face. They are the coolest things ever!
Steve has two best friends: the ceiling fans in the living room and our bedroom. Yesterday he woke up from his nap in his swing, looked up, saw the ceiling fan, and got the biggest smile on his face. He also uses the fan as his focal point when he needs to fall askeep.
Talking...He started this a while ago and I didn't really mention it. He has started talking even more now, to himself, to the ceiling fans, to Matt and I. He loves to talk.
Cause and effect: He has kind of determined that what he does makes the toys on his playmat move. He hasn't really tried to grab at things yet, but there is a lot of swatting and kicking going on.
Poop. This is the big one. All of the baby literature says that as he approaches the 3 month mark he will not be pooping every day, or possibly every other day. Last week he pooped on Monday, then not again until Thursday. Of course, by this time I had called the doctor's office concerned. They were of no help. I talked to a few other moms and decided to just wait it out. Well, last night the waiting stopped. He ate and then there was an explosion. Matt even stopped his studying to check out the damage. Poop was everywhere, even squishing out of the diaper. And once we got all of the poop cleaned up, Steve was the happiest boy around. I, of course, am doing more laundry today. At least his tummy is back to normal for a day or two.
I started my next class for school last night. Back to being busy. And in less than 2 weeks I'll be back in my classroom. There are a lot of things I want to get done around the house, like Nolan's t-shirt quilt, before I go back. I don't know if that's going to happen, but I can at least make some headway.
We were in Wheaton, IL, on Sunday afternoon visiting the Illinois Kennedys (Scott, Michelle, Harry, Owen, Wyatt, Michael and Marianne) and a very quick visit to our friends, the Dockerys, to meet Liam who was born a month before Steve.
More pictures are in the October album.
Aww..he's so precious! Good to know about the not pooping everyday. I think I would freak out too. Hadley is a great pooper. If I change her diaper and there isn't poop in there EVERY time, then I am shocked. Sorry if that's TMI. I can't believe our babies are going on 3 months. Doesn't it feel like we were just pregnant???
ReplyDelete