It's been pretty busy here this morning. Steve was at daycare celebrating his birthday a day late with his daycare friends. I think he had a good time as he was zonked out within 5 minutes of leaving there.
I had to go to the doctor to get a few things checked out, one being a mole on my back, the other being what we think is a cyst. The doctor decided to remove the mole, and have it tested, just to be on the safe side. There was a little pain, but most of that was from the injection of the numbing agent. Here's all the stuff she needed to do the job:
She also poked a needle into the cyst-like thing on my wrist just to check for fluid or anything. If I want it removed, I have to go to the hand clinic, and I'm just not ready to juggle everyone's schedules for the next 2 weeks to attempt that right now. It doesn't hurt often, so we're okay so far. However, I made the mistake of opening my eyes and looking down when she was poking it and that made my stomach a bit queasy. Thanks to the nurse for some graham crackers and juice (I'm not a very good mom yet since I didn't have those in my bag to begin with!).
I've also been working on cleaning the Famous Amos sweet corn I brought back from Iowa. We're keeping about a dozen and a half out to eat off the cob. The rest I cut, blanched, and froze for later use. That ends up being about 2.5 dozen that I had to work with. And this is how much we have in the freezer now:
No comments:
Post a Comment