So, Steve is having to adapt to a new schedule. Because he moved to the "big kid" side of the room at daycare, he doesn't get two naps a day, like has been getting every day this summer. They would prefer if he took a very looooonnnnngggg afternoon nap. And I'm not opposed, but realize that it is going to take a few days to get there.
Thursday was our first try at this new arrangement. When I picked him up around 3:30, he was cranky cranky cranky. I tried everything to appease him when we got home, but nothing worked. So, I laid him down for another nap. Which was exactly what he needed. We woke him up around 5 for dinner, he ate, then it was bathtime and right back to bed.
I'm not sure what happened Friday at daycare, but he did take another nap after coming home, and was in bed at 6.
Today, since we've been home, I've been letting him sleep as needed. He took a morning 1.5 hour nap and almost 2.5 hours this afternoon. Big adjustments for such a little man.
Also making him more tired are his newly acquired walking skills! He isn't walking everywhere, but he is remaining upright more often than not, and his balance and coordination get better by the minute. It's exciting!
- Please pardon any typos. Posted from my iPhone.
No comments:
Post a Comment