8.23.2010

Uncle Nolan and Aunt Annie Walton


As mentioned before, we made the trek to Baltimore, by plane of course, for the most anticipated event of the year! Our best friend and former roommate when we lived in Waldorf, Nolan, had finally found the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, Annie. I'll give a brief rundown of the trip. If, however you don't want to read all of this, just click here for a few pictures from the weekend. Baltimore pictures start around #46, with Steve sleeping soundly in his stroller. I'm hoping Nana will post more soon and we can link to that as well.


We arrived very late Wednesday night after an interesting flight. It was Steve's first flight not nursing, and we gave him some sleep assistants, but nothing seemed to work until we had about 25 minutes left in the flight, at which time he just passed out. And stayed that way until our hotel room. He explored the room a bit, then went to bed without any fuss at all. For good measure, we went to Nolan's room for a beer to make sure Steve stayed asleep.

Thursday was a pretty lazy day for Steve and I. Matt helped with wedding prep, seeing as how he was the best man and all. My dear dear friends Joni and Neala, and Kelly with her new little lady, Hadley, drove up and had lunch with us at the hotel. We hung out for a few hours catching up and chatting before they had to head back home to avoid traffic, and we had to get Nana and Papa from the airport. Steve has long been showing that he is a master at the art of flirting (who did he get that from, I wonder??), but was in fine form that evening at dinner. We had some of the Baltimore area's finest seafood for dinner, Steve had a lovely peanut butter and jelly, with a side of cute servers. I'm not sure how he filled his belly since he was so busy smiling, waving, and batting his big eyes at those girls. When we returned to the hotel, it was Project Runway time, so we watched with a few beers, Nana, Papa, and Uncle Nolan.

Friday, again, was pretty low key for those of us not involved in the wedding party. Friday afternoon marked the arrival of Amanda, Eric, and Colin. We had a great time at Annie's parents, celebrating early with other out of town guests and friends. Thank goodness Nana and Papa came. Both Friday and Saturday nights we sent Colin and Steve back to the hotel with them and the rest of us were able to stay later celebrating and having a great time!

The wedding on Saturday was beautiful. Annie was radiant and I know that I have never seen Nolan as happy as he was that day. We're so glad that Annie is part of our family now.


Saturday night was really rough on Steve and I. Matt was semi-lucky enough to be able to sleep through most of Steve's roughness. I, on the other hand, was not able to. Steve went down without incident for Papa, and slept until about 12:30. Something woke him up then and he was awake until 3:45 a.m. So, yes, that means I was awake until 3:45 a.m. What finally got him to sleep was a little of those aforementioned sleep assistants and about an hour of walking the hallways in the stroller. Amazingly, other people were also awake. We heard lots of noise from several rooms as we wandered past. I left Steve in the stroller for a few hours, until he stirred again. At which point I quickly snuggled him back to sleep in my arms, then put him in the borrowed pack 'n' play. He did sleep until 8:20 or so, but that wasn't long enough for me. Again, I thank Nana and Papa. After breakfast they took Steve to their room and I got to sleep about 2.5 hours more. It wasn't nearly enough, but it was better than nothing.

Our return flight was uneventful. Steve was asleep before we walked on the plane, and stayed that way for about half of the flight. Then we gave him a snack, he played a little bit, then watched our approach and landing with Matt through the window. We capped off the weekend by Steve sleeping until 8:20 this morning! It was wonderful!

I'm facing the end of summer this week. Thursday Steve is returning to day care full time, so I can go in and work on my classroom for a full day before we actually have to report back on Friday. Steve and I went in for about an hour today just to take in the bags and bags of supplies that I have acquired over the summer. Wednesday I am hoping some of the girls from my cohort will be coming over to play in the pool one last time. 

One thing I haven't mention enough of about the weekend was the much needed time with Amanda. Four and a half months is just too long for best friends to go without seeing each other. I'm so thankful she was flexible in her scheduling so that we could spend child-free time with each other, and other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment