8.08.2010

Just So You Know...

 Zonked out on the way to the Henry Doorly Zoo with Nana and Papa

In case you're looking for updates and not getting them in the next two weeks, let me share with you the reasons why. All of the reasons are great reasons, but we will be very very busy.

This week we welcome, for the 2nd time this summer, the East Coast Kennedys + Uncle B(randon). It's Hoemann family reunion time again and Uncle B is coming along for all of the fun. I don't think it hurts that the PGA Championship is being held up the road a bit, at Whistling Straits at Kohler. And the guys have tickets to get into all sorts of fun things (and possibly some mischief!). Thursday, while the guys head up there, the rest of us will be making our way to Wisconsin Dells and Great Wolf Lodge. We were there 2 years ago for Bart and Dorothy's 45th anniversary, and we return for Carol and Barry's 45th. Friday the Cornhusker Cup Golf Tournament is held (which, I must add, the last time I played in, I got my name on the Cup...AGAIN!). Saturday I think we are on our own during the day to enjoy the indoor/outdoor waterpark, then a get together to celebrate. We'll be back on Sunday.

But, not for long! The following Wednesday we head to Baltimore in preparation for one of the most anticipated events of the year: Nolan and Annie's wedding! We can't wait! Not only will we get to see Nolan and Annie, but also Amanda, Eric, and Colin, and Nana and Papa! And probably a few other people we haven't seen in a while. It's going to be a blast. 

The only downside to this is that I can see the end of summer looming very closely on the other side of all of this fun. With the exception of last year, I have almost always looked forward to the beginning of the school year. For one thing, it means new school supplies. I love new notebooks, pens, folders, and all of the promises they hold. But, as you can imagine, I'm not really looking that forward to it this year. I'm really loving all of the time Steve and I have together. Plus, the same day that school starts is the same day that my grad classes resume. Ugh.

Steve is finally back to normal, I think, after being sick the majority of the week. He actually wasn't too bad all week, with the exception of whining a lot (wouldn't you if your tummy hurt so much you couldn't eat?) and waking up covered in ickiness. He didn't eat much, which is a definite sign that something's wrong, and took 4 naps most days. That's been both a blessing and a burden. It's been hard to get anything done outside the house when he wants to sleep every 2 hours for 1.5 hours. But, he had almost an entire piece of birthday cake today, a hot dog, two pieces of cheese, several pieces of toast, goldfish, and cheerios. I'd say he's back to normal! Thank goodness. 

We also wrapped up the birthday celebrations with Grandma and Grandpa. Steve had a lovely blue cake, which I forgot to take a picture of, but Grandma did, so I'll post that link when I can. He also received a Nerf basketball and hoop (possibly more for Matt than Steve...hmmm...), and a Black and Decker work bench. He can learn how to fix things around the house so then I'll have 2 guys to take care of it for me!


Post Birthday Celebration: All of those cool new things and Steve wanted to play in a box. And, why did I remove his clothes after he had a cupcake, not before?

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing - remove her clothes after the cupcake and not before! We must be rookies! Haha. Happy late Birthday Steve! It looks like he had a fabulous time! :)

    ReplyDelete