You all know that Matt has left Steve and I for more fun escapades in the Northern Virginia area. Who wouldn't want to go drink, play golf, and see your best friends whom you haven't seen in a year? Understandable.
So what have Steve and I been up to? Not a lot, really. Here's a breakdown of our days since Matt left.
Thursday: Took Matt to the airport, then returned home for a shower and to feed Steve. Later that morning we made a quick trip to RUSD's Central Office to get some paperwork completed, and to Babies R Us. We spent a couple of hours at Goodland that afternoon talking with my long-term sub, Laura. When we came home I was really looking forward to a nap. Steve had other plans. I don't know if he was in the midst of a growth spurt or what, but we spent the majority of the late afternoon/evening alternating between eating and resting for about 20 minutes. During his rest periods, I had to eat and get things packed and ready to go to school Friday. We finally called it quits around 11, and he did a good job sleeping for a few hours until 5.
Friday: The morning didn't start out that great. Steve ate around 7 and right when I thought he was done and ready to go, he spit everything up. Lovely. We didn't have time to go through everything again, so I just put him in his car seat and off we went. There was a staff meeting at 8 that morning, and everyone thinks Steve is adorable (well, duh.). We spent the rest of the day at school working in my classroom and getting things ready for next week. I did get about 40 minutes of a half-nap in when we got home, so that was nice. Tammy arrived last night around 5, with dinner even! :) Last night we just laid pretty low and watched "What Not to Wear". Steve didn't have the greatest night, but it definitely wasn't the worst either. Oh, and Flop killed a mouse.
Saturday: Thus far we've done about nothing. I did throw Steve's diapers and other clothes in the wash. We watched most of Sen. Kennedy's funeral, and have just finished lunch and getting clean. We're going to head up to Brigid's later for a little while. She's warming her new house this evening. And we might stop at Target.
That's our excitement without Matt. I'm sure he's having way more fun, but he will be repaying the 4 days he's spent away at some point. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment